Sunday, January 31, 2010

So... This is what I look like hey?

Cool mom thing... or not so cool mom thing?
I can basically tell how my day is going to be on how much effort my ponytail takes. One minute or less, great day, three mins or less, not bad.. over three.. well I should have just had a damn shower and started from scratch.

The gravy train has officially stopped. So much for the pregnancy weight just dropping off. I'm stuck with 9 pounds left over that are going to require effort. UGH.

After being checked over at my three month appointment with my family Doctor he asked if I had any questions. The conversation went like this: (Oh, my Doc is a young male in his late thirties. Note to self, do not have a young male doctor. Awkward! I look forward to telling you about another conversation with him, while pregnant, that started like this 'So, I'm probably going to cry because I'm reading this really sad book...'**)

Me: So, how am I doing on the weight side of things?
Dr.: Oh, good, coming along nicely
Me: So compared to other pregnant ladies though, how am I?
Dr.: Oh good, yup, doing really good
Me: Okay, seriously I know you are avoiding answering me (and eye contact weirdly enough), am I putting on too much weight too fast?
Dr.: (married doctor who knows better than this..) Umm, yes. Maybe a little. Yes.
Me: Tears

Jerk!
Kidding.
Kinda.

Watching the scale go up and up and UP during pregnancy was one of the hardest parts of the whole miraculous event. You stress out because you have no clue how much is actual fat that is sticking to your bones, and how much is water, blood, boobs, baby, yadda yadda. If I would have known that only two weeks after I had Pavel, I would have lost 2/3 of the weight, I probably would have allowed myself more Capital Dogs this summer at the ballpark. Or ice cream, or those spring rolls, OH those meatballs were soooo good!!!.....

I had Pavel at 225pm on a Wednesday. I can remember looking in the mirror the next morning and being so impressed at how skinny I was! I thought people were going to come to visit us and tell me I looked like a rail!


(This is me 41 weeks pregnant. Two days before Pavs was born. This is me the day after he was born thinking I was all skinny n ...... look at those cankles!! And chins!!)


I was so excited to be able to wear normal clothes again, I sent Sheldon shopping on Sunday (four days after giving birth) to buy me new clothes. Mainly pants with a zipper and button. That was a happy, happy day even if the size was much much higher than I was used to just a year earlier.


So now it's been almost three months since the little guy has made his exit from me onto the planet. I can do up those new pants I got on that Sunday and they are actually loose on me! However, my body is jiggly all over. My belly decided to grow stretch marks in the last two weeks of my pregnancy, damn it! I can fit into my prepreggo jeans and do them up, but I have a sick muffin top that hangs over them.

The worst part is, I am so out of shape. I don't think I have an ounce of muscle on my body right now. I tried Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred. I did one workout and caught the flu. I was so nauseous and was having hot/cold flashes all night. Not to mention doing jumping jacks with giant breastfeeding boobs is one of the scariest workouts I've ever tried. And it hurts.

Gross! That's how I feel. So gross. I just want to run out of this body, but I can't bring myself to run. Who has the time to go to the gym? Such a pain in the flat ass.

Here's the problem. Pavel is now more than 14 pounds. His car seat is an extra 60, I swear. My back hurts so bad. It's painful for me to carry and cuddle my little son. I need to get some muscle back because it makes me really sad. Mother Nature's way of getting your ass off the couch and your hand out of the peanut butter cookie jar? Maybe.

Looks like there isn't going to be an easy way out of this one.... to be continued.

 
In case you wanted a closer look at my sweet pregnancy feet. I ate a handfull of salt and vinegar chips one night before I had a weigh-in at the Dr.'s office. When the nurse weighed me, I had put on 8 pounds from the last WEEK!  Retained a tad bit of water.. yup.

** I love my doctor, even though he's young and male. I just see someone else when I have something weird to ask about! Oh and I should put a shout out to my delivery Doc, Dr. Chua. LOVE HIM!!!





No comments: