Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Trend Setter

Cool mom thing... or not so cool mom thing?
I had to start packing up Pavel's clothes this week.  The ones he's outgrown already.  I spent time with every piece reminiscing the smaller times, hugging it like Pavel was still wearing it, and I even shed more than a few tears.

I thought he was pulling my leg, trying to get a rise out of me.  One of those dad things or even just one of those Sheldon things. (Sheldon is my husband)
'I don't know why you're buying him all those clothes, the only thing my son will be wearing is hockey jerseys and jeans, just like I did.'

Hockey jerseys? Like we will be the family with the kids wearing Oilers gear everywhere we go? I don't think so.  Besides, I married a man who is more into fashion than myself.  That doesn't make sense. (For the record, I love the Oilers, but a kid has got to have a little variety in the wardrobe! Like a jersey and dress shoes would not work for church on Sundays...)

There was a strict rule during my pregnancy that rang in my ear every time I hit up the shops for some new gear for Pavel. 'NO AMINALS. NO PLANES. NO CARS. Please, do not buy him 'baby clothes''. He was serious because he made me return a six dollar sleeper to Super Store that had one car on the sleeve. It couldn't even be saved for an extra poopy day. (this mentality of course changed when we both realized Pavel would be sleeping naked if we didn't bend our rule slightly)

One of my favorite too proud mother stories is from my husband's mom. 'Did you know when Sheldon was young, I went into his room and he had his entire closet thrown on his bedroom floor! He was standing in front of the mirror trying on outfits. He was only three years old!!'

Cute. So why does my son get stuck wearing nothing but hockey jerseys?

Well, Pavel and Santa must have had a serious sit down this holiday season because he's not going to be one of those boys decked out in Oilers gear all the time after all....

... Nope. The Man in Red brought him about ten different teams and football too.  Awesome!

And now I have to admit, I should have known jerseys and jeans wouldn't be what I had in mind when it came to Sheldon dressing his son. Have a peek:


Looking good kid, looking good. 

Jenny

Ps. For those of you wondering, the hair dryer noise is still kind of working.  We're getting one, maybe two 45 mins naps a day.  It's a start and I'll take it.  If you're in my situation, the white noise App on the iPhone is really great.  It allows you to take nap time on the road!

No comments: