Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Funny Story..

Everyone's been pocket dialed right? How long do you stick your ear as tightly to the phone as possible to try and make out some juicy gossip?

I'll usually give it at least a minute.

This one Thursday night at about 11:30pm, my phone rings. I take a look at it, thinking there must be an emergency (my late night, drunk dialing friends all seemed to have grown out of that habit... 11:30pm is late right?)

It's this guy I used to work with.

'Well, that's odd I.' I say to myself, and Sheldon who is looking over my shoulder now.

I pick up the phone.

'Hello...?' Pause. 'Hellllloooooo?' I can hear music in the background pretty clearly. One more time I say, realizing now he has most likely pocket dialed me, 'Helllllooo!!!'

So naturally, I listen to see if I can hear anything good... Nothing, the music is drowning out the conversation.

The song however is familiar.

Turns out him and his wife are on a little road trip, his phone is in her purse and she dials me by accident..

What is playing you ask?

'I've Been Thinking About You' Londonbeat.

In case you need a refresher on the lyrics:

I've been thinking about you
I've been thinking about you
I've been thinking about you
I've been thinking about you, shi-pow-pow!



Now that I think about it, it had been a while since we had spoken. 


Jlap

** A new feature addition to my blog. A Funny Story. I have a few and I figure, I might as well share them so they can become urban legends one day or something when I'm long gone.. hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Marco F. said...

How very serendipitous, definitely one of those moments that make the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

I think its nice to be reminded of how we are all interconnected at one point or another. Thanks for writing!